BEIJING, Nov. 29, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- Venturous Group, the Citytech™ Group, returns with its annual flagship event, the Smart Citytech™ Week, from 4 to 8 December 2023. Citytech leaders and investors convene to explore new trends and opportunities within China and the Greater Bay Area.
With investments exceeding US$2 trillion in Smart City initiatives since 2010, China has shown its most profound commitment towards developing its digital economy. According to China Academy of Information and Communications Technology, this investment continues to grow and is expected to surpass US$4 trillion by the end of 2023, making China the world’s largest investor in Smart Cities.
This momentum will be the focal point of Venturous’ Smart Citytech™ Week 2023 where leading Citytech investors, industry leaders and entrepreneurs will converge. They will explore rising technology trends, the commercialisation of Citytech and the investment climate within China and the Greater Bay Area.
Some of the esteemed speakers for this event include Mr Dale Nicholls, Portfolio Manager at Fidelity International; Mr Chibo Tang, Managing Partner at Gobi Partners; Mr Harry Man, Partner at Matrix Partners China; Mr Benson Tam, Founder & CEO of Venturous Group; Mr Teng Lip Khoo, Head of ST Engineering Ventures; Mr Brendon Joe, Head of Ventures & Research at CLP Group; Mr Wei Wang, Investment Director of Volvo Cars Tech Fund; Mr Charles Kuai, AI Advisor of Kellogg School of Management Mr Herbin Koh, Senior Director at Gaw Capital; Dr Song Li, Founder & Chairman of WeStyle Inc.; and Mr Ya Dong Jin, CTO & CSO of Tianjin Anjie IoT.
Mr Johan Riddergard, Co-Founder & Chief Commercial Officer of Venturous Group, says, “We’re delighted to offer our annual flagship event once again for the fourth year running. Smart Citytech™ Week is a great opportunity for audiences keen on Citytech in China to understand observations made by investors and technology experts on the ground.”
All five sessions will be offered in English and Mandarin with the help of simultaneous translation via Zoom and WeChat Live. The five insightful sessions with keynote presentations and/or moderated panel discussions include:
· Artificial Intelligence: A New Frontier — Decoding the latest buzzword, from discovering how it can be commercialised to the rising ethical concerns, adoption rate, and more.
· Investing in China’s Citytech: What’s Next? — From political tension to unpredictable policy changes, let experienced investors in China tell you why they have not lost faith and how to navigate safely amongst various investment opportunities.
· Proptech Investing: A Real (Estate) Change — Proptech investors and entrepreneurs reveal the criteria for Proptech investments, including the role of enhancing environmental sustainability.
· Citytech Corporate Venture Capital Investing: Technical or Tactical? — Amid a more challenging fundraising climate, many are turning to CVCs for capital raising. Find out how different they are from traditional Venture Capital / Private Equity and why they might be a better option for some technology companies.
· Smart Energy: Powering Change, Energising Tomorrow — From the perspectives of Smart Energy solution providers, adopters and investors, understand China’s effort to achieve carbon neutrality goals through Smart Energy tech.
Register now for free live access or post-event on-demand access to Smart Citytech™ Week 2023 at https://www.venturousgroup.com/events/smart-citytech-week-2023/.